This morning, in the silence and serenity of my car, driving home after dropping Garrett off at school, 4 thoughts dawned on me…
1) Who is an Encourager?
2) Why is encouraging important?
3) Why should we stay encouraged?
4) Who encourages the Encourager?
If you’ve been reading my posts for a while, you’ll know that I am passionate about encouraging entrepreneurs to continue on with their calling to succeed in business. I love being able to help them stay the course, staying motivated, inspired and equipped along the way.
Today, I thought about who really is an Encourager? What makes you and encourager? Why it’s important to be an Encourager? Why should we stay encouraged? Who encourages the Encourager?
WHO IS AN ENCOURAGER?
If you’re a business owner who already understands providing value in terms of tutorials, knowledge, tricks, tips and resources to your potential clients, and it doesn’t even matter whether they purchase or not, you are DEFINITELY an Encourager! You genuinely want to see people move forward and somehow make their lives better even if they never become your customer…
WHY IS ENCOURAGING IMPORTANT?
Because of the “Law of Sowing and Reaping”! The understanding of this law, separates those who are doing things for a perceived gain, as opposed to being there because THEY DO CARE. You are an Encourager if you honestly and genuinely care. When you can absolutely say that you do, people will miraculously flock to you… Why? Because encouragement is something we all need from time to time.
WHY SHOULD WE STAY ENCOURAGED?
We need to stay encouraged because a lot of people are depending on us… from our family, our team members, our clients… Most people go through the motion of simply functioning because they have to. They are on auto-pilot even if they are breaking inside. If you’re not encouraged, you will not be a fertile ground for success because you will not be operating from the right heart. Discouraged people have resentment and bitterness. Encouraged people come from a place of abundance and plenty.
Also, when you’re encouraged, you’re more likely to learn, digest and implement the specialized skills you need to succeed in your business. I always say to my clients, I cannot empower and equip you if you’re discouraged.
WHO ENCOURAGES THE ENCOURAGER?
This is what really got me thinking today. Most of the time, people who encourage a lot get to experience moments when they too need to be encouraged… I personally am one to feel depleted from time to time and need reinforcement and re-assurance.
Here’s what I do when I am feeling that the encourager needs to be encouraged:
1) I turn to prayer and quiet time with God and reading His Word…
2) I read a few Daily Devotionals I subscribe to and it really blows my mind when it answers the concerns I have for that particular day.
3) I reach out to trusted friends and share with them my thoughts just like my good friend Marion Carlon, Author of “True Power of Love and Forgiveness” who immediately came to my rescue today with such incredible words of wisdom… when he left me that voicemail, it spoke directly into my spirit as if he knew exactly what I was going through and what I needed to hear to stay encouraged… It’s as if it came from God’s heart through his mouth!
4) I muster strength to encourage more people!
So who encourages the Encourager? I gave you my secrets on what does it for me… I’d love to hear how you stay encouraged?
Let’s stay connected to keep on encouraging each other!
I Am Cheering You On To Your Success!